Sunday, July 22, 2012

Happy Sunday!

I hope everyone's Sunday was a good one! Mine was; I had an awesome church service with my family and then had a good swim workout with my Dad. So at today's church service, the speaker talked about how he was called by God to go live in a hotel in Houston and help build a new church in a very rural part of the city. No matter how much he fought it, in the end, he still had to move to the Houston area. God kept speaking to him, telling him that he had to do this for him. The speaker didn't want to leave his nice house to go live in some very isolated place. He wanted to have everything he had worked so hard to gain, but he knew that God had a bigger plan for him.
So this is a lesson learned for all of us. Don't try to fight God's will because he can see the bigger picture. He knows what's right for us and he wants to try to guide us in the right direction. The only thing we have to decide is whether or not we will follow him.

So the question I want you to really think about is this:
If God asked you to move somewhere far away to do some work for NO pay, would you?

1 comment:

  1. Good thoughts for Sunday. My prayer is that I will do whatever the Lord wants and that He will help me to listen to His will.

    ReplyDelete